For many shooters, the handstop on the rifle might get overlooked when it comes to improving their scores. However, investing in an adjustable MEC handstop could improve many areas of your shooting.
The first characteristic of this accessory is the comfort it offers. The pressure and pain felt in the hand is noticeably reduced, even when the competition drags on. This is because the shape has been formed to the position of the hand on the stock.
This design is further supported by the various adjustment possibilities to the height, the width and the angle; large and small hands are equally well accommodated.
One detail of this MEC handstop is the ability to slide it back and forth without the use of a tool. If you ever felt the need to adjust a few millimetres when in position, you will know how valuable this is.
Good handstops can be adjusted sideways, so that the thumb can be lightly positioned alongside the stock. This little difference helps not only to reduce the tension in the hand, but it also helps to provide a ‘cleaner’ recoil as the shot breaks.
This is a significant secret, especially in the smallbore disciplines. The shot will only impact at the point you expect, when the muzzle jumps cleanly.
Next time there is a World Cup or Olympic games, have a look at the handstop the shooters are using. There is a reason that most choose this product.
The majority of elite competition shooters use a MEC Handstop. This is mainly for two reasons:
- Quality – MEC have engineered this product to last. Every aspect of it is ultra high quality, far better than others on the market.
- Adjustment – Every aspect of this handstop can be adjusted. Height, angle, offset as well as being able to attach the sling in two different places.
These two key features translate into comfort , improved scores and group size.
- Optimal form and function
- Can be offset to stop pulse transmitting to the rifle
- Variable height elevation
- Sling can be attached to handstop in 2 places
- Moves in the track without any tool
- Fits all standard rails
- Laser etched scale for reference point
- Button release detachable sling swivel
- Beautifully engineered
- Alloy construction